Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

3:18, 5.86 and 30... or 25 or 6 to 4

We lets start with a verse we heard last night. Ezekiel 3:18..

When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.

Accountability! Whose path will we Cross today? What will we do with this opportunity? Will we remember to pray for those on our post it?

586.... 5.86.. close enough! In perusing Ezekiel I stumbled across an interesting date. Was it not in 586 that Jerusalem was destroyed and burned? Where have I seen that 5.86 number recently? Why is all this numbo jumbo? Is that 41? 40 Days? Is this Day 41? What about verse 86?
Psalm 119: 86 All your commands are trustworthy; help me, for men persecute me without cause.

Finally 30.. Ezekiel was in his 30th year when the vision of the Glory came to him. Jesus began his public ministry in his 30th year. Hmmm Slammy is fast approaching his 30th year. Why does it seem like just yesterday the cry of my generation was "don't trust anybody over 30!" and now my kids are approaching 30!! We we are here for such a short time. Our time here is just a bat of an eye or a whisp in the wind. So cherish this day this gift from our Lord and whether you are approaching 30, 40, 50, or even 60 (I just put that in for Roger and Bobby) there is much to do and only a short time to get there. God's oldest are his choicest. Isaiah 46:4. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Comments:
I like it Jimmy, you jimmied me thrice!
 
Great thought brother, much better when we hear what you think. Although I do like that sports writer guy you like to quote. BBT
 
It seems to me we were talking about 5.86 last night, oh ya, that's the number of weeks Sammy had off on vacation. And I believe 30 also came up last night, oh ya Sammy's birthday is coming up.
 
Hopefully I'll find a job before I;m off 5.86 weeks
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?