Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Things I need to do (today or someday)

You know, I tried to think once, but nothing happened. But things do occur to me. Usually in the shower in the morning after my quiet time. Sometimes in the tub. I like to take baths. Sorry about the bad mental image there. You know it occurred to me that there are some things I need to do. I can think of at least two letters I should write. I don't have to write them but I could. I don't see anything bad coming from them, but could be some good.

Say, anybody out there?? I mean anybody got a great chicken wing recipes? Like maybe something kinda zingy I could do on the grill? Somebody is turning XX today (never share a ladies age, you have to sleep sometime) and she (Who is she, the cats aunt?), I mean today is Donna's birthday and she has a hankering for chicken wings. She did last night but I served her bratwurst. It was good, too. Johnsonville original, my favourite. Anyways, I digress. I bet you could jazz up some wings with killer hot sauce and indirect cook em on the grill.

What do you do with people that don't like to go places, but when you do get them there they have a great time? Donna's daughter Courtney was like that as a child. I mean it could be a birthday party and she would not want to go. Not anywhere, ever. Kicking and screaming and pouting. You would literally have to dress her (kicking and screaming) and carry her to the car and strap her in. Tears, howling, you would think you were cutting her arm off with a butter knife. Just get her there and she would have a blast. Not want to leave, Can I stay a while longer? Oh Please!! Mothers and daughters.

You know it occurred to me if I start to write about my family they will HAVE to read this to defend themselves. Or I could be in a lot of hot water. I do have to sleep sometime.

Anyways, Happy Birthday to Donna today, and me she be buried in a 100 year old casket made from an oak tree that I plant tomorrow!!

Well, I must be off!

Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

O.K.
I will share with you what nobody else knows, I mean not even DEP.
But he will attest to this.
1 Hebenero pepper
1 banana pepper
1 Jalepeno
cut them up,dont clean them out, in a small sauce pan
add peppers and 1/4 cup of lemon juice.let them simmer but dont boil them down.
1/2 bottle of you favorite grilling sauce
mix them both together and brush over your wings.
I call it dude's sauce.
it starts slow but it leaves with a kick!!
 
All I have to say to Dude's sauce is AMEN and pass the water! Whew is it hot in here or what! BBT
 
Top Secret Recipes
version of
StarbucksĀ®
Caramel Macchiato

by Todd Wilbur


If you've got an espresso/cappuccino machine you're well on your way to recreating a top-choice Starbucks coffee drink. For the caramel part, you can use any caramel sauce that you find in the grocery store near the ice cream toppings. Pick your favorite. Just note that to make this recipe work best you'll only need 3 tablespoons of a richer caramel sauce (like the stuff Starbucks uses), but more like 4 tablespoons of a lighter sauce (such as fat-free Smuckers). For the vanilla syrup you can use the bottled syrups, such as those made by Torani, or just whip up a your own clone from scratch. By the way, if you want to make this clone super accurate, pick up bottles of the authentic vanilla syrup and caramel sauce sold in Starbucks stores.
Vanilla Syrup
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup fresh espresso
8 ounces milk, steamed with foam

3 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce

1. You can use vanilla syrup from a bottle for the drink or make your own vanilla syrup following this Top Secret Recipe: Simply combine 2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Remove from heat and cool. Store in a covered container.
2. To make your coffee drink, add two tablespoon of vanilla syrup to a 16-ounce glass. Add 1/2 cup fresh brewed espresso followed by 8 ounces of steamed milk.
3. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce to the drink. Stir before drinking.

Makes one 16-ounce drink (grande size).
 
Happy XX Birthday Donna
 
Happy Birthday, Donna!

Jim..try meals.com..they have a multitude of excellent recipes people make and many are rated by other readers. Good luck!
 
Happy Birthday Donna, and perhaps that would be a good one to procrastinate on (the planting of the tree, I mean.)
 
what a lovely long blog this AM...Tell Miss Donna that the Walsh clan is sending a big kiss and hug along for her birthday!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?