Wednesday, July 13, 2005

 

What I did on my summer vacation...


Well, Vacation Bible School is over for me. But I did learn some things. The message yesterday was on Elijah to believe in one True God. Todays lesson was to obey God as Jonah learned to. Tomorrow is Trust God. I won't be here for it but I may study about it on de plane, de plane!!

I am kinda tired, but it is a good tired. You know there are just not enough men that get involved with these types of programs. Aside from the chaplain, there was one other guy there and the rest of the teachers and helpers were women. Where are the men??? They hold their bible school in the evening from 6 pm to 8:30 pm. I like it. With our kids, NewSong should do one next year.

I did learn a new song tonight though. We are not old enough for the infantry. We are not old enough for the calvalry. We are not old enough to fire artiliary. We are not old enough to be spies. But we are old enough for the Lord's Army. Amen.

I need to come home and rest up from my vacation. I must be off...

Comments:
I know a slightly different version:

I may never march in the infantry,
ride in the calvary, shoot the artillery
I may never fly o'er the enemy,
but i'm in the Lord's Army
YES SIR!
I'm in the Lord's Army,
YES SIR!
I'm in the Lord's Army,
YES SIR!
I may never march in the infantry,
ride in the calvary, shoot the artillery
I may never fly o'er the enemy,
but i'm in the Lord's Army
YES SIR!
 
The last VBS I was involved in was in Ruidoso, New Mexico on Spring Break back in 2000. Very fun!
 
I like the idea of VBS! It's a lot of work usually done by very few people that receive tremendous blessings from it. Count me in! BBT
 
Where are we gonna have VBS? We should take it to the migrant workers. But I don't speak enough spanish.
 
looking forward to seeing you jim
 
I would love to help out with a VBS program!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?